You will find booking information here, including how to book guiding with Mountain Assurance Ltd in Scotland and Europe. Our prices are also listed here along with some frequently asked questions (FAQ’s).
If you don’t want to read all this information then feel free to contact us and we can explain things over the phone.
Booking Information: Guiding Prices
- Guiding fees
- Harness and crevasse rescue equipment
- Avalanche equipment
- Guides accommodation in Chamonix valley.
- Guides travel within the Chamonix valley.
- Uplift / Telepheriques
- Travel to start location
- Guides expenses (in the alps) including uplift, hut fees.
- Valley accommodation outside Chamonix.
- Travel outside of the Chamonix Valley
Booking Information: How to book
- Contact us to confirm availability and suitable itinerary/pricing etc.
- Read the Booking Information and Terms and Conditions.
- Fill out the E-Booking form (provided via email).
- Make a deposit payment via on-line bank transfer (BACS) Mountain Assurance Ltd (T/A James Thacker Mountaineering) for 50% of guiding fee or full balance if within 30 days.
- Arrange your own holiday insurance policy to cover all relevant hazardous activities and include search and rescue, medical expenses, repatriation and cancellation cover. Suitable policies are available from the BMC or Snowcard.
Payment Terms and Cancellation
Following receipt of your E-Booking Form you will receive an invoice with full BACS details. A deposit payment is required to reserve your mountain guiding with Mountain Assurance Ltd either by BACS or via our payment gateway. Deposits are set at 50% of the guiding fee or the full balance if within 30 days prior to commencement of your trip. Full payment is due 30 days prior to the agreed start date.
The invoice will detail the guiding contract including dates, prices and suggested itinerary if appropriate. If any details are incorrect on the invoice please tell us immediately so that we can make the appropriate changes.
If full payment is not received within 30 days of the agreed start date, Mountain Assurance Ltd reserves the right to cancel your booking and to retain your deposit.
Full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
Booking Information: Coronavirus / Covid-19
We are frequently being asked about our cancellation policy with regard to Covid-19 restrictions e.g. imposed by lockdown or travel restrictions following advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Officer (FCO). If restrictions are put in place that prevent us from delivering the services agreed, a full refund will be given. Some guiding companies are advertising on this basis, but it is only correct to point out that this is the customers legal right.